Monsterpalooza – Last Day Today

It’s All Things Monster at Monsterpalooza! There’s an incredible Howard Sent (not Mike Hill, as I had reported earlier) display this year. It’s full size figures of Jack Nicholson, the twins and Jack’s little son (all from The Shining) that are blowing people away.

It was packed yesterday and everyone seemed to have a smile on their face. The Museum there this year is exceptional.

I hope to see you there!

9 Responses to “Monsterpalooza – Last Day Today”

Hey Bill,

It sounds like a great time was had by all. Glad to hear that you can take credit card sales now.

Thanks so much for posting these three classic monsters. Just great! If you don’t mind my asking, what were the other three?

I saw your take on Christopher Lee’s monster from The Curse of Frankenstein last year at Spectrum Live! and wondered if you are working on drawings of more of the classic creatures from Hammer Films. My vote for the Stout treatment would go to The Curse of the Werewolf, The Reptile, The Gorgon, Horror of Dracula, and of course Plague of the Zombies. Oh, and even though she’s not a monster Raquel Welch with Harryhausen’s pteranodon could be fun too.

Long live the monster kids.

Best Wishes,
    Aaron

NOTE: My correction to my post. It was the fantastic sculpting of Howard Senft (not Mike Hill, as I had been told) that depicted four characters from Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining. Sorry (to both Mikes)!

— Bill

@ Aaron: Yup; I can now take credit cards — as long as I can remember to keep my phone charged (my problem on Sunday)!

The other three classic Monsters I drew: The Mummy, Dracula and Wolfman. I have collected all of the Hammer films on DVD and Blu-ray (except for Hands of the Ripper, which I understand will be coming out on Blu-ray this year), so I’ll be drawing all that you listed — and more! I met Raquel (with Jon Voight) once. She’d be a good subject, as she was pretty iconic and representative of One Million B. C. No promises, though.

That’s Howard SENT, not SENFT. That was his typo, not mine. But the comment “both Mikes” is my I-just-woke-up-and-started-typing error, not Howard’s.

MUST…HAVE…MORE COFFEE!

4. jeremy slawsky says:

Hey Bill, You bringing anything Return of the Living Dead related to Wonderfest?

I think this is my favorite of three posted so far!

Bill, in hunting around, apparently is Senft…..and yes, he is very talented…. Best,

@ Jeremy: I’ll have the framed original of my new Tarman T-shirt design for Fright Rags.

@ Rick: This might be my favorite, too. I love the subdued color.

“Sent” or “Senft”? His e-mail to me had both spellings….

Apparently Senft….and here’s a shot of Jack Nicholson…

9. Jeremy slawsky says:

Awesome bill, I guess we should start talking about price:)