Frank n’ Con

AVAILABLE NOW!

Just a quick note to thank the staff of El Paso’s Frank n’ Con. They were all friendly, courteous and efficient. The fans were amazing, too (and so was the astounding bread pudding at the State Line BBQ restaurant!). One couple flew in just to meet me all the way from Reading, Pennsylvania. Another family actually drove over a thousand miles from Pocatello, Idaho to meet me. Yikes! Despite someone making off with $115 worth of my books late Saturday night (I wouldn’t want that person’s karma), I had a terrific time there.

I had a great time hanging with my buds, the cast of The Return of the Living Dead. Our DVD on the making of the film, More Brains – A Return to the Living Dead, debuted at this show. It’s been getting rave reviews all over the net (if you don’t believe me, just Google it) and I’ve been informed (correctly, I hope) that Entertainment Weekly has chosen it for an upcoming Must List. It’s available from http://www.getmorebrains.com/ It’s got loads of extras, including Dan O’Bannon‘s last interview and lots more of my art for the film than has ever been shown.

6 Responses to “Frank n’ Con”

1. Matthew says:

Very excited about this documentary, Bill. Listened to an online radio interview with ‘More Brains’ producer, Thommy Hutson about this a few weeks ago. Sounds like a must for ‘Return’ fans. For all those interested in the interview here is the link:

Lots of your art that has never been shown?! And when is somebody going to do something about that? Wasn’t there talk of a career retrospective of your work, Mr. Stout?
    Now that would be something to put on the Christmas list!

Thinking wishfully while visions of an art book dance in my head,
    Aaron

3. Michael says:

My copy arrived in the mail this week. I have just finished watching and I have to say it was worth every penny!
    I enjoyed the doc on the film very much. It has a running time of just at two hours, with not a single minute being fluff of any kind.
    My love of ROTLD begins, and ends, with the first film, and I’m happy that this disc mainly focuses on the original film. It was nice, however, to see how the sequels came about, and to know their histories, which were born out of franchise greed without any true understanding and/or appreciation of the true spirit of the original work, or the people who created it.
    A very well made DVD, packed with quite a few features.
    Recommended!

Hi Michael,
    Glad you enjoyed the doc. I did, too. I saw it last week (with the TROTLD cast) on a big screen at the Arclight Cinema in Hollywood (formerly the Cinerama Dome). There’s two more hours of extras on the DVD I haven’t had a chance to watch yet but I’m looking forward to it.

You can pick up copies of the DVD signed by the cast and Yours Truly from Dark Delicacies.

5. Rob Hensley says:

Thanks so much for coming to El Paso for Frank N’ Con. I understand a great deal of people lost money or weren’t paid for coming here, but what you guys gave us fans here in the SW was priceless, I can’t begin to tell you how I follow and purchase as much memorabilia I can now that I was fortunate enough to meet everyone at the convention, Please don’t hold it against us for having a few rotten apples in this TOWN!

Thanks More than You’ll Ever Know

Rob Hensley

Hi Rob,
    Despite the financial wrinkles, I had a great time meeting our fans, especially fans like you. Some of my fans drove down from as far away as Idaho, Arizona, Oklahoma, Colorado and New Mexico. One couple even made the drive from Pennsylvania! I am always humbled and appreciative when fans make such an effort to meet me at shows — even when it just means driving across town.

So, in short, I don’t hold anything against anyone. I hope to see you again real soon, amigo!